Whether you love it or loathe it, Valentine’s Day brings on pressure. Did you plan the perfect thing? Am I doing enough? Let’s not forget this day is about spending it with your loved one and appreciating them. BUT a little gift never hurt.
No matter your feelings on Cupid’s special day, we have a few suggestions for surviving the 14th in style. Here’s our roundup of the best V-Day gifts for your sweetie…or yourself.
- White roses. Obviously. You can never go wrong with flowers. White roses used to stand for purity, but don’t let that stop you from buying them. Two dozen in a round vase will look great on any nightstand.
- Pink silk pajamas. So cute, and not at all old-school. So perfect even to wear outside. PJs are more romantic than lingerie…and they’re a great way to stay on your girl’s mind before she goes to sleep at night.
- A home-cooked meal. Sure, it’s nice to be with someone who can always score the perfect reservation at the perfect little place. But on a notoriously showy holiday, nothing is as sweet as stealing a moment in private. Make your signature dish. Save room for dessert.
- Delicate jewelry. Our founder, Rachel Katzman, keeps her jewelry minimal and lets her locks lead the way. Remember: a classic, elegant piece never takes away from great hair.
- Champagne…always. We believe bubbly is an everyday beverage, especially on Valentine’s Day, of course! So grab a couple of glasses and toast to a fun night ahead.