During the holiday season, there’s nothing quite like a little glitz and glamour to add a festive finish to your look. And while sequined dresses and sparkly eye shadows can certainly get the job done, glitter hair spray dresses up your ‘do without doing too much. After spritzing and styling dozens of hair products, we’ve determined the best sparkle sprays on the market. Discover your favorite below, ranked from subtle shimmer to full-on flecks of glitter.
1. R+Co Glittering Smoothing Shine Spray ($29): This mist is all about creating a sparkling look without any actual glitter particles. Along with light-reflecting technology, the formula utilizes hydrating ingredients like bergamot fruit, baobab, and sea buckthorn oils to amp up shine. Spritz it on to give your strands a touch of glossy glimmer.
2. Captain Blankenship Golden Waves Sea Salt Shimmer Spray ($16): Sea kelp extract and sea salt enhance texture, while aloe vera imparts moisture and gold mica gives locks a glitzy, dreamy shimmer.
3. Cuvée Beauty Hair and Body Glow ($24): This limited-edition, fast-drying oil delivers head-to-toe hydration with a touch of subtle shimmer. Spritz the Champagne- and white truffle-extract combo on your hair to smooth frizz and enhance shine or on your body to hydrate skin and impart a dewy glow.
4. Bumble & bumble Glimmer Finishing Spray ($17): This spray comes in three metallic options: Silver Sprinkle, Rose Gold, and Gold Dust. Take your pick and enjoy a subtle yet twinkly shimmer, courtesy of teeny-tiny flecks of colored glitter.
5. Joico Gold Dust Shimmer Finishing Spray ($10): This gold shimmer spray’s glitter particles leave a sparkle that’s a step above subtle. Much like a traditional lightweight hairspray, it also provides light hold, but the mist is fine enough that it won’t weigh down thin hair.
6. IGK Preparty Hair Strobing Glitter Spray ($16): Use this sparkle- and shine-enhancing spray from afar for a diffused shimmer finish, or spritz up close for an intense, glittery burst. Available in Silver and Sprinkle (read: rainbow) shades, you can go classic or Technicolor with your festive look.
7. Eva NYC Kweeen Glitter Spray ($12): This spray is safe to use on hair and body, so you can focus on your updo or go for a head-to-toe glitter moment.
8. Jerome Russell B Wild Hair and Body Glitter Spray ($9): This spray has some of the largest gold particles in the game, but they’re still small enough to create a finish that feels multi-dimensional and fun, not chunky or messy. If you’re hoping to basically transform your locks into a glitter bomb, this is by far your best bet.